Banana Bread (V/GF)
Updated: Mar 1, 2020
Moist, versatile, and full of wholesome ingredients. What more could you ask for? This recipe for Banana Bread is crowd pleaser and can be easily added to so you can make it your own. You could add chocolate chips, walnuts, pecans, dried fruit, different spices (like nutmeg, allspice or pumpkin pie spice), blueberries, or even coconut flakes.
Not only can you include endless add-ins, but you can also us this recipe in many forms. You can make a traditional loaf or put the batter in muffin tins or mini-muffin tins (which is great for kids).
Banana Bread (V&GF)
2 Ripe Bananas
1/4 cup Apple Sauce (No sugar added)
1/4 Maple Syrup (You could also use Honey for a less vegan option)
1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
5 tbsp water
2 tbsp Flax Meal
1 cup Almond Flour
1 cup Oat Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a small bowl, make your flax eggs by mixing the 2 tbsp of flax meal with the 5 tbsp of water. Let the mixture sit for 3-5 minutes. (You could also use 2 regular eggs for a less vegan option).
3. In a large bowl, mash the 2 bananas. Then add in the maple syrup (or honey), apple sauce, vanilla extract, and the flax eggs (or regular eggs).
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the almond flour, oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
5. Add the flower mixture to the banana mixture and stir till combined.
6. *Optional: add and fold in any of the optional add-in ingredients if desired.
7. Line your loaf pan with parchment paper or muffin tin with baking cups. Add batter to the pan (if using the muffin tin, fill up each cup only half way).
8. Bake Loaf for 30-35 minutes, or bake muffins for 25-30 minutes. Let cool before serving.