Easy and Quick Chocolate Pecan Granola Bars
When we need a snack, we usually need it on the go and we need it quickly. But we also want it to be nourishing. So we've come up with these Pecan Chocolate Granola Bars. They are easy and quick to make, are filling, and have limitless possibilities beyond the recipe.
These bars include pecans which are rich in beta-carotene and Vitamin E, and are a great source for potassium, calcium, and iron. The bars also have flax seeds which are a great source of Omega-3 and a good way to get in your fiber. Dates are also high in fiber and include Flavonoids which are antioxidants that help reduce inflammation.
Above all the nourishing ingredients, these granola bars are very versatile. You could put in dried cranberries, dried cherries, coconut flakes, hemp hearts, or pumpkin seeds. You could really form these to your taste! It's a great base recipe to flavor up the way you want it!
Chocolate Pecan Granola Bars
2 ½ cups rolled oats
1 cup Pecans
2 Tbsp ground Flax Seeds
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
½ tsp. Salt
1 cup pitted, soft dates
½ cup peanut butter
⅓ cup coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup chopped pecans
¼ cup vegan chocolate chips
1. Create a flax egg by mixing the 2 Tbsp ground flax seed with 6 Tbsp of water. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes.
2. Preheat your oven to 350 F and line a 9x13” baking pan with parchment paper.
3. In a food processor, blend the 1 cup pecans, 1 cup of the oats, salt, and the cinnamon until finely ground. Put into a large bowl and then add the remaining 1 ½ cups whole oats to the bowl.
4. In the food processor put in the 1 cup pitted dates and blend until pureed. They will mesh together into a large clump. Then add the ⅓ cup coconut oil, ½ cup peanut butter, the flax egg, and 1 tsp vanilla. Blend until completely combined.
5. Pour the date mixture into the dry ingredients and mix together thoroughly. Then fold in the ¼ cup chopped pecans and the ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips. **This is where you could fold in other ingredients that fit your taste buds (dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds, etc.)**
6. Press the mixture into the lined baking pan, and pack it in tightly. Bake for 15-18 minutes. When you pull it out of the oven, let it cool for 10-20 minutes before removing from the pan. Cuts into 10-12 bars.